In this workplan we will study the impact of the software on overall utilization of the school-based Telehealth services, its clinical impact and satisfaction of parents and students. This program is one of the largest school based telehealth programs in the country.
The UMMC School-based Telehealth program includes everything school nurses need to initiate and lead a video visit with a student and UMMC provider. This includes:
- Complete training on how to use the equipment and system
- Prompt access to UMMC telehealth providers for minor medical care
- Access to an app-based behavioral health tool to supplement video visits with mental health providers.
- HIPAA-compliant secure laptop for access to a virtual visit platform
- A webcam that can be placed where needed for video visits
- A digital USB otoscope with lenses for
- general exams
- ear, nose and throat exams
- dermatology exams
- A digital USB stethoscope to listen to heart and lung sounds
- Connected to a HIPAA-compliant Electronic Health Record
As of March 2023, Mississippi School-Based Telehealth covers: 65 Districts | 367 Schools | 167,818 Students
AffiliatesMississippi Department of Education
There are no resources assigned to this project.